So I’m back from my California trip now. I got back yesterday afternoon, and, obviously, I didn’t post anything while I was gone. I did take some pics of the place, though, and will try to get those up somewhere soon.
My body hurts from working on that house. It’s apparent that I don’t get enough physical activity. So I thought of a few things I could have done to better prepare myself for this trip:
- Spend a few hours per day lifting heavy objects (like drywall) over my head, and hold it there for several minutes at a time.
- Repeatedly scrape my bony white shins and calves with rusty metal outdoor faucets or other metal materials.
- Climb up and down a ladder while carrying a circular saw, drill, hammer and various other tools.
- Kneel down, in five minute intervals, on tiny pieces of gravel or asphalt roofing material while wearing shorts.
- Hit my forearm with a crowbar, hammer or other heavy object one to two times per day. Repeat this exercise for thumb as well.
- Practice standing and staring in confusion, while trying to answer the question, “Now what do I do?”
Since I am going to have to make another trip out there to finish the project, I think that it is in my best interest to start this new training regimen immediately. Does anyone have some asphalt roofing material I can borrow?